“It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.” – Henry Ward Beecher
What is Addiction (Dependency) and Recovery Coaching?
Addiction and Recovery coaching is similar to life coaching, but the emphasis and techniques used are specific to recovering from addiction and staying recovered.
An addiction recovery coach can help you to:
- Establish what you want
- Find your own formula for success
- Explore your recovery and life options
- Become ready and willing to overcome your addiction
- Make a plan to find the best way to get you what you want
- Develop a relapse prevention plan
- Fill the empty hole with meaning and purpose
- Keep moving forward
- Find your answers within through powerful questioning
- Keep you motivated and on track as you work towards your goals
- Help uncover all the hidden blocks that may have tripped you up before
- Establish new thinking and new behaviors
- Find out your true values
- Heal the past
- Let go of old habits and establish new habits
- Build healthy relationships
- Stay Addiction Free
- Set new goals for getting and living the addiction free life you’ve always dreamed of
- Establish any need for therapy, self-help groups or other support
If you or someone you care about are in need of some start-to-finish support and impartial guidance on how to deal with active addiction, where to get medical help or treatment and how to get the addict willing to receive help etc., please see Addiction SOS
For a complimentary thirty-minute phone consultation, please Contact Me (I am based in the UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, but also serve the GCC region)
If you are seeking a coach to help you to stop, please see, Coaching to Stop
If you are already in recovery and want to deepen your recovery experience, manage your recovery and your ambitions, please see Coaching in Recovery
If you are a family member please see Coaching for Families
For details of my costs, please see My Rates
To learn more about addiction and dependency please see Addiction and Dependency
To learn more about coaching please see Life Coaching
Coaching for Families
Addiction is a family disease
Just as every addict is unique, so is every family. I prefer to meet families before suggesting a particular objective and coaching plan. However, I hope you will find the information below a useful guide to how I might be able to help the family.
The Family and the Active Addict
- You don’t have to live in helpless frustration, as every attempt to ‘fix’ the addict seems to fail.
- You don’t have to live in angry, blame-riddled silence.
- And you don’t have to give up either.
I can coach you and other family members on how to best cope with an active addict in the family.
Depending on the family and the addict’s situation, we may look at some or all of the following:
- Assessing the current situation and setting a goal for the family
- Stopping or minimising family behaviour that is enabling the addict
- Encouraging the addict to seek help
- Supporting the addict through the ‘help’ process
- Intervention (see Intervention)
- Setting healthy boundaries around the addict
- Establishing healthy behaviors around the addict
- Looking at the family’s obsession with the addict
- Getting the family back on track and into healthy living
- Bringing in more balance and harmony into the family
- Agreeing an Addiction SOS package (see Addiction SOS)
The Family and the Recovering Addict
Just because your addict family member is now in recovery, doesn’t necessarily mean harmony in the family is restored. An addict in recovery means change. Family Coaching, or coaching for members of the family, can help a family get used to these changes within the family dynamic and ensure that they stay healthy and focused on their needs as well as the needs of the family.
Depending on the family’s unique situation, we may look at some of the following:
- Setting new goals for the family
- Working through anger, fears, lack of trust
- Embarking on a healing journey for the family and individual members of the family
- Establishing a healthy balance within the family
- Establishing harmony
- Mutual support for all the family
- Practicing new styles of communication
- Tools for getting out of the addiction rut and into harmonious recovery
- Finding and getting used to the new family dynamic.
To book a 30-minute complimentary consultation call, click here
Can I answer your questions? Please Contact Me
To learn more about Addiction and Dependency, click here
To learn more about how I can help you from crisis to success, please see Addiction SOS
For information on Interventions, click here
I prefer to discuss my family coaching rates on a case-by-case basis.
Coaching in Recovery
A life beyond your wildest dreams
Would this describe you?
- I’ve already quit but am struggling and want to find new purpose in my life
- I’ve quit and I love my new recovery life. Now I’m ready to set goals and really make the most out of my new clean life
- I’m in recovery and could do with some support and direction outside of my existing support system
- I’m in recovery and looking for new direction, new inspiration
- I’m in recovery but I want to let go of some habits that aren’t working for me
- I’m in recovery and I just need to get better organized
- I’m in recovery but I don’t know who I am and what I want now I’m addiction-free
- I’m in recovery but I need help with another addiction
- I’ve been in recovery a while. I know there must be more to life and I want to find it
- I’m in recovery and I am ready to set some really big life and me goals
As a life coach and qualified addiction recovery coach, I can help you change self-defeating thinking and behaviors and set achievable goals that may just be beyond your wildest dreams.
Please Contact Me to book a free 30-minute phone session
For my costs, see My Rates
To learn more about My journey with addiction, click here
Accepting that addiction is a disease, and that we have it, is the first step towards recovery.
Coaching to Stop
Are you in active addiction? Is your goal to stop, cut down, or get it under control?
If so, as a Recovery Coach, I can support you as you journey to your goal at your own pace and within limits you define. This may include:
- Helping to motivate you a place of willingness
- Supporting you through the early days of putting down the addiction
- Suggesting other support options
- Encouraging you to continue your journey towards your goals until you achieve them
- Celebrating your new freedom
- Setting goals for life now that you are free of your addiction
- Setting a plan for ongoing recovery (Please see Coaching in Recovery)
As a Recovery Coach I can help you to:
- Identify triggers and avoid relapse
- Deal with life and stress in ways that provide long-term relief
- Put together a recovery plan and stick to it
- Change the things in your life that don’t support your recovery
- Develop new thinking and new habits
- Explore support networks (AA, OA, groups or even residential treatment)
- Work out if you need a detox and how to go about getting it
Is Addiction Coaching right for me?
If you think you might benefit from addiction coaching, please Contact Me to book your complimentary 30-minute phone session
Click here for My Rates