“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Earnest Hemingway
I am a person who places her personal and professional integrity very highly. I have therefore written my own personal coaching & hypnotherapy ethics, which are applicable to any therapy I engage in. I subscribe to the ethics of:
International Board of Hypnotherapy: http://internationalboardofhypnotherapy.com/code_of_ethics.html
International Coach Federation: http://www.coachfederation.org/ethics
I am also an advocate of transparency, hence my commitment to openly sharing my pledge with you. I hope it will give you an idea of what I am and what I am not; what I can and cannot do; and an insight into my own coaching ethos.
1. As your coach I am committed, above all else, to focusing on what’s right for you as an individual, (couple, or family).
2. As such, I am committed to sharing openly any concerns I may have appropriately, with the sole aim of us reaching an agreeable solution.
3. As your coach I am committed to coaching only when I believe I can be of positive use to you. I will not prolong coaching for the sake of my bank balance.
4. As your coach, I will not suggest therapies, doctors, rehab, or other professional services unless I believe it will benefit you significantly.
5. As your coach I acknowledge that you have placed me in a position of trust, often with some very sensitive hard-to-talk-about issues that you or your family may carry.
6. As your coach, I pledge to maintain your confidentiality.
7. I am a coach, I am not a medical practitioner and make no claims to be one. As your coach I will always suggest or refer you to a medical practitioner when appropriate
8. As your coach I promise to give you a 100% of my focus during our coaching sessions.
9. As your coach, I pledge to be honest around areas I am unable to coach or help you with, and promise, to the best of my ability, to guide you to find help in these areas.
10. As your coach, I promise to always make your agenda our only focus. It’s all about you, not me.
11. As your coach I promise to positively validate you and never to judge or shame you.